You’ve indicated that you’re starting to think your retirement and what it might look like.
Planning for retirement isn’t something that happens just before you give up work, and many people approach retirement not really knowing how much money they will need or the best way to take retirement income.
Whatever your aspirations for retirement, the very best thing you can do is have a clear plan in place – effective planning can transform a good retirement into a great one.
We’ll work with you to understand what type of retirement you want and what type of things you’d like to do, to understand how much money you will need to achieve your retirement goals. Then we will look at your savings and outgoings to determine if you’re on track.
The answer is usually revealing for our clients and from here we can explore different scenarios with you and evaluate how robust your plan is – together we can explore how you can best plan for your retirement, whilst considering the allowances and tax benefits you can take advantage of, ensuring your savings and investments are structured tax efficiently.
There are a number of important questions and considerations;
- when can you retire, and will you have enough money?
- what could your retirement look like?
- what happens if you need to pay for long-term care?
- will your family be ok, even when you’re not around?
- what allowances and tax benefits can you take advantage of?
- how can you ensure your money ends up with the people you want and for the reasons you choose?
- how can you structure your savings and investments in the most tax-efficient way?
Once your plan is in place, it is important to review it regularly as tax rules and allowances will change over time, as will the performance of your investments. We’re here to keep you on track and act as your financial coach.