You’ve indicated that you are considering selling your business or exiting the day-to-day running of your business.
There are so many things to consider, both practical and emotional. It’s important to start the process as early as possible, and when you do, we can support you every step of the way.
Owning, building, and running a business is hard work and time consuming, you may have complex finances and little time to dedicate to them. You’re building a legacy that can give you and your family financial freedom and financial planning is vital to this.
You might think you don’t need a financial plan in place until after you’ve sold the business. However, you need to be clear on the amount you need to sell your business for, in order to live the life you want without running out of money. Knowing this can change the dynamics of a business sale.
With our experience and financial expertise, we can guide you through the process of selling your business, covering every aspect of getting your business ready for a sale and how you can maximise your financial position as part of the exit, considering wider tax planning and ensuring you are using all available tax allowances and reliefs.
You will likely have many questions and here are just a few that we can help you consider and plan for:
- how do I plan, and structure my finances in the best way possible?
- what do I need in place to protect my business’ value for my family?
- when can I realistically stop working and exit the business?
- can I exit the business sooner – for what price do I need to sell my business?
- how do I transfer my business wealth into personal wealth?
- what am I going to do after the sale?